Thursday 10 September 2009

J.Cole speaks on appearing on Blueprint 3 & album coming out 2010

Complex: Who was in the studio when you got there?

J. Cole: When I got there, nobody was there but Young Guru. I think he had slept there because he was working on some shit all night. So Guru was the only one there. About 45 minutes later, I see Jay’s security guys come from the studio room. I was like, Damn, how the hell they get in there, ’cause they wasn’t just sitting there. So, they were like, “Yo, J. Cole?” I’m like, “Yeah.” He’s like, “Jay’s ready to see you.” [laughs] I walk into the room, this shit is mad weird. I’m walking on eggshells basically, nervous and excited at the same time. I walk in the studio and Guru is in there, then I look at Jay, I say what’s up, pleasure, nice to see you again. Then I look up and BeyoncĂ© is sitting right there. I’m like, Oh, shit! Damn! “Hello, how you doing? It’s a pleasure, nice to meet you!” Then we sat down, and we got right into it, basically.

Complex: Did he explain what he wanted you to do? Did he give you any guidance with your verse?

J. Cole: Nah. Before we even got to the song, it was like 45 minutes of just playing songs. He started off by saying, “I’m gonna play you two or three songs off the album.” He ended up playing like 10 or 11.

the rest of the interview can be read at Complex

No comments:

Post a Comment